Ile-de-France Mobilités finances a large part of the costs of school transport and sets the price of the School Bus Card, which varies according to distance travelled.
Some local councils help families cover the cost. Check with the transport operator and your département to find out the price of your School Bus Card:
This ticket is available on the following media:
The School Bus Card is issued by companies that are members of OPTILE and operate bus networks in the suburbs. It is valid for a daily return trip during the school period between home and school.
Application forms can be collected from the offices of the OPTILE companies or downloaded from www.optile.com website.
Conditions of eligibility
- Resident of Île-de-France: only one home address can be used.
- Under the age of 21 on 1 September of the school year.
- Follow what is classed as “enseignement du premier ou du second degré” or in a “classe de préparation à l’apprentissage” in a public or private establishment and under a “contrat d’association”.
- Be educated a day student or half boarder (externe ou demi-pensionnaire).
- Live 3 km or more from the school.
- The School Bus Card (and the RPI School Bus Card) are issued to students subject to certain conditions (distance between home and school, age).
- They are valid for a daily return trip during the school period between home and school on the bus routes of the relevant OPTILE operator. The RPI School Bus Card also allows you to make a daily return trip between the school and where you eat lunch.