Work and projects on the RER A
Ile-de-France Mobilités, RATP and SNCF are working together to manage the increase in ridership on the RER A, in particular :
- At Bussy-Saint-Georges station, the construction of a new track to absorb delays;
- The construction of turning loops at Etoile and Val-de-Fontenay, and the construction of a turning loop and siding at Marne-la-Vallée Chessy will mean more fluid and better regulated traffic;
- The construction of the Single Command Centre at Vincennes, to improve responsiveness and efficiency in the management of traffic incidents;
- In 2022, Line E (EOLE) will link La Défense and Gare du Nord (Magenta) in ten minutes. RER A and RER B passenger demand will be reduced respectively by 15% and 10%.
Improvements, to simplify connections, to the walking route between Gare de Lyon, Bercy and Austerlitz stations.
Works and projects on the RER B
As the RER B is particularly in demand, numerous renovation work on stations, tracks, signals and points is underway to improve the reliability of the line and regulate traffic:
Works and projects on the RER C
To improve the reliability of the line, its modernisation is underway affecting the trains which are being renovated, and the infrastructures:
- Removal of the level crossing at Antony by relocating the tracks;
- The replacement of nine sets of points and the renewal of 50 metres of track at Austerlitz station;
- Modernisation of infrastructure (signage, tracks, overhead line equipment, etc.) at Bibliothèque François Mitterrand station;
- The replacement of six sets of points and the replacement of 363 metres of track at Brétigny-sur-Orge;
- Construction of an electricity substation at Égly-Arpajon;
- Making Ivry-sur-Seine, Les Saules, Versailles Chantiers and Viroflay Rive Gauche stations more accessible;
- The replacement of four sets of points and the replacement of 2,055 metres of track at Saint-Cyr.
In addition, the famous "beaver" works that passengers using the line are familiar with, which take place every summer and will for a few more years. They strengthen the vault of the Parisian underground tunnels using a concrete shell, while also carrying out necessary maintenance operations in the stations.
Works and projects on the RER D
As the number of passengers using the line increases every year, the RER D has been reorganised along with major infrastructure modernisation. The aim is to optimise connection times, improve reliability and also passenger information on the entire line for the comfort of passengers.
Details of the work undertaken on the RER D:
- The replacement of four sets of points and the replacement of 2,055 metres of track at Juvisy;
- Modernisation of the platforms between Juvisy-Melun and Corbeil-Malesherbes to accommodate new trains;
- The construction of six control posts between Creil and Compiègne;
- The replacement of four sets of points and the replacement of 2,055 metres of track at Vert de Maisons;
- Modernisation of the Villeneuve Saint-Georges control box;
- The replacement of 31.2 km of track between Persan and Creil;
- Making 11 stations more accessible, including Brunoy, Juvisy, Louvres, Saint-Denis and Villeneuve Saint-Georges.
Works and projects on the RER E
The Eole project , the extension of the RER E to the west to Mantes-la-Jolie, will improve service to the west of the Ile-de-France region offering an alternative to the RER A, the central section of which is heavily used during rush hours. It consists of redeveloping the existing line between Mantes-la-Jolie and La Défense and boring a tunnel from La Défense to Haussmann Saint-Lazare.
This extension, which is one of the most important transport projects in the region, involves 650,000 daily passengers! It will be carried out in two stages:
- initial commissioning between Haussmann Saint-Lazare and Nanterre;
- a second between Nanterre and Mantes-la-Jolie.
Three new stations are under construction at Porte Maillot, La Défense and Nanterre. Between Houilles-Carrières-sur-Seine and Mantes-la-Jolie, ten stations will be completely renovated for this extension.
Modernisation of existing RER E infrastructure
To improve passenger comfort, the renovation of infrastructure and existing stations is also planned:
- the replacement of 18.8 km of track at Paris-Nord;
- the replacement of 15 km of track at Verneuil l'Etang;
- at Pantin, renovation of the roof, replacement of two staircases, work on the footbridge;
- at Body, installation of automatic toilets;
- at Rosny-sous-Bois, installation of automatic toilets, creation of coworking spaces, renovation of all the stairs;
- at Haussmann Saint-Lazare, restoration of the lighting.