School transport routes for students with a handicap

Published on

Ile-de-France Mobilités (formerly STIF) has set up a specific and free door-to-door transport service* for pupils and students with disabilities.

*Students are the responsibility of their parents between home and vehicle, in both directions.

A grouped transport service, these routes operate using small capacity vehicles adapted for the needs of those in a wheelchair or requiring ambulance facilities, for example.

This service operates based on the school timetables of the pupils and students.

Two conditions must be met to benefit from transport scolaire adapté:

  • Meet the eligibility conditions of the règlement régional transport adapté.
  • Obtain the agreement of MDPH (Maison Départementale des Personnes Handicapées) which determines that the medical need requires specific transport for trips between home and school.

 How to apply

  • Ensure you have an up-to-date medical file registered with the MDPH in the department where you live
  • Send a request to Ile-de-France Mobilités via a 2020-2021 transport application form, downloadable below

    Journeys covered by Ile-de-France Mobilités
  • Travel between home and school (public or private) or university (public or delivering a diploma registered with the RNCP) are covered.
  • Travel between home and location of approved internships in a company over at least two full and consecutive days.
  • Travel between home and the company in which the pupil or student is doing their work-study programme (apprenticeship or professionalisation contract).

Journeys not covered by Ile-de-France Mobilités

  • Journeys to and from medico-social establishments (IME, CMPP, CAMSP, IMPRO, treatment centres, etc.)
  • Trips to and from extracurricular activities, leisure centres or school outings.

2020-2021 transport application forms

Paris and the departments of the Petite Couronne


For pupils from nursery school to high school and students living in Val d'Oise:


For pupils from nursery school to high school and students living in Yvelines:


For pupils from nursery school to high school and students living in Essonne:


 You can contact the MDPH in the département where you live.

 For parents of pupils and students:

*(Please note: for pupils and students living in the Seine-et-Marne département, contact the Conseil Départemental).